Thoughts passing through...
Do you like speed? I like speed. I mean, I don't just like, I love speed! I guess it runs in the family - almost all (if not all!) of my mother's 6 brothers drive fast, my brother drives fast and some of my cousins drive fast too. I don't have a driving licence...yet, but I have been driving ilegally for the past 2 years. Never caught, never sued. Not yet, at least. I remember the first time of learning how to drive. I was around 12 years old and by that time, my brother already knew how to drive and a cousin of mine who was a year older than I was also knew how to drive (boy, was I jealous!) So, when we visited this cousin of mine, both my brother and my cousin decided to teach me how to drive. It was an embarrassingly funny experience - with all the teasing they made of me! After that, I decided that I would not learn how to drive, everrrrrr. But, I decided that that incident was the past and I actually 'learned' how to drive just by noticing what my brother or father did whenever they drive and also by asking lots and lots of questions. When my father finally allowed me to try driving our car, I believed it went smoothly. I was relieved. And everytime I go home for the holidays, my father would allow me to drive whenever I wanted to but only if either him or my brother was beside me. In Malaysia, when one is learning how to drive he or she is only allowed to go 60 km/hr, I go up to 80 km/hr or sometimes even 90 km/hr only if it's a long and straight stretch of road. I always feel a rush of excitement inside of me whenever I'm driving fast! However, there is one thing that I am scared of whenever I am driving. Big lorries. They scare me even if they're moving at only 70 km/hr. Why the fear? I don't know. I always have the image of the lorry falling sideways and crush me to death. LOL!
Another thought just came into my mind - have you ever been chased by a rooster? Yes? No? Well, I'd been through that experience. A lot of new things happen whenever I am back for the holidays. And this time...being chased by a rooster, my dad's rooster. He used to have a rooster a few years back and that rooster was friendly. So, I assumed that this rooster was also friendly. But I was wrong...so wrong! I went near that rooster before my dad even got the chance to warn me that that particular rooster likes to chase people (except my dad of course - bias!) As soon as I went near the rooster (to say 'hi'...hahahaha!) that stoopid rooster chased me and I had to run! Luckily there was a water tank nearby, so I climbed on it to get away from the rooster. My dad was laughing at the sight of me on that water tank. From that day onward, whenever I saw that rooster, I would automatically keep a distance from it.
I actually have a picture of that rooster:

I thought the colours of its feathers were beautiful, that's why I wanted to "say" hi to it in the first place. Stooopid idea....:D
Well, it has stopped raining. Time to go.
~Julie
Another thought just came into my mind - have you ever been chased by a rooster? Yes? No? Well, I'd been through that experience. A lot of new things happen whenever I am back for the holidays. And this time...being chased by a rooster, my dad's rooster. He used to have a rooster a few years back and that rooster was friendly. So, I assumed that this rooster was also friendly. But I was wrong...so wrong! I went near that rooster before my dad even got the chance to warn me that that particular rooster likes to chase people (except my dad of course - bias!) As soon as I went near the rooster (to say 'hi'...hahahaha!) that stoopid rooster chased me and I had to run! Luckily there was a water tank nearby, so I climbed on it to get away from the rooster. My dad was laughing at the sight of me on that water tank. From that day onward, whenever I saw that rooster, I would automatically keep a distance from it.
I actually have a picture of that rooster:

I thought the colours of its feathers were beautiful, that's why I wanted to "say" hi to it in the first place. Stooopid idea....:D
Well, it has stopped raining. Time to go.
~Julie


4 Comments:
Vroom, vroom, Julie!!
That should be your nickname. Hah. And that's one handsome rooster! And our first photo on the blog!! Notice all my exclamation points!! LOL :D
I love photos so if you have any you think you want to add here along with your writing, go ahead. All the better.
And I miss driving. I really do. I miss driving and listening to the radio or whatever CDs I had around.
Loved the part about lorries here. You really got into describing it.
Ani
It is a handsome rooster, right? I love photos too,s o don't worry, if I have one to share, I'll post it up! :D
WAkakaka.....i can imagine the rooster chasing you =Þ hah, if it were me, i think i might got peck then since i have no where else to climb like you do =)
-Fiona-
Haha!! Funny story of the rooster. Was smiling to myself when I came to this part like some idiot.
About the speeding thing...same here -_^
-Lorena-
Post a Comment
<< Home