Childhood!!
I have always wanted to write something on our "circle of trust". But i always have no inspiration to write. Until today i saw some photos of my friend's baby. She is so cute and make me think of my own childhood.
All my memories of my childhood was from my parents. I skin was very dark when I was little, about 8 months old. At that time, we had only one room for the whole family. My mother, my father, and me, three of us slept on one bed. Our bed was just enough for two people and a baby. My parents afraid i will fall down from our bed so they put me beside the wall. The weather in China is quite cold, so we have central warming system in every family. It was a small thing made by metal inside the wall, and there were hot water inside in orde to keep warm. Becase of this thing, so there was a litter space beside me. But it was impossible for me to fall down.
One morning when my parents woke up, they couldn't find in on the bed and anywhere else. They were so anxious. They have searched all the place in our house, including the space under bed. However they still could find me. About half an hour later, just about they were going to call the police, they heard me crying somewhere in the room. "Where is she???" my father yield anxious. According to the sound they finally found me.
Guess where were i hiding?????
Actually, I was right under the bed, but why my parents didn't find me when they search the bed?? As I mentioned my skin was dark at that time, dark as the darkness under bed, so they couldn't recognize me. It's like a person with dark skin falls into the chocolate track, and nobody will find him. ha...
~~Maggie~~
ps: This time I remember to sign my name. heehee...
All my memories of my childhood was from my parents. I skin was very dark when I was little, about 8 months old. At that time, we had only one room for the whole family. My mother, my father, and me, three of us slept on one bed. Our bed was just enough for two people and a baby. My parents afraid i will fall down from our bed so they put me beside the wall. The weather in China is quite cold, so we have central warming system in every family. It was a small thing made by metal inside the wall, and there were hot water inside in orde to keep warm. Becase of this thing, so there was a litter space beside me. But it was impossible for me to fall down.
One morning when my parents woke up, they couldn't find in on the bed and anywhere else. They were so anxious. They have searched all the place in our house, including the space under bed. However they still could find me. About half an hour later, just about they were going to call the police, they heard me crying somewhere in the room. "Where is she???" my father yield anxious. According to the sound they finally found me.
Guess where were i hiding?????
Actually, I was right under the bed, but why my parents didn't find me when they search the bed?? As I mentioned my skin was dark at that time, dark as the darkness under bed, so they couldn't recognize me. It's like a person with dark skin falls into the chocolate track, and nobody will find him. ha...
~~Maggie~~
ps: This time I remember to sign my name. heehee...


4 Comments:
Hey Maggie! Did you turn to water? :)
Thanks for sharing this. I grew up in a very small house myself, just one bedroom, and one living room for five people, my parents, my brother, my grandmother and myself.
I loved the image of the little baby here in bed with her parents near a warm wall. Tell us more!
And just as a rule for this class (I don't like talking about rules but this one I will repeat when I have to): you can't wait for inspiration to start writing. If you do that, you might as well wait forever. You need to start writing first, about anything, and it will come to you one way or another, something interesting will come. But you can't wait for it to come. I find it funny. I used to do the same. Wait for the spark. And yes, sometimes it would come, out of the blue or in the middle of the night. But the time I would waste waiting... I could have written so much more, I could have gotten so much better at writing if I hadn't waited. Just my take on this. But also what I hear and see from many writers out there.
So don't wait for the muse, because it knows you're waiting for it and it won't come (it is very capricious and childish like that, I find). It loves to surprise you in the chase. So go on, run with your pen! Or the keyboard.
Ani
So it is Maggie! I was wondering who wrote this entry until I came to the word China. I forget to sign my name most of the times. What I'd do was to delete and republish the entry just the way I had but with my name signed at the bottom :)
Hah! I forgot to sign my name at the bottom. Anyway can't wait to read the continuation of your story ;)
-Lorena-
Ha, Maggie, you came and added more! Thanks. And I loved the line "my skin was dark, dark as the darkness under the bed". That is really good description though I doubt you were ever that dark!
Ani
Post a Comment
<< Home