Thursday, September 21, 2006

Thinking It Through

Gosh, already I'm feeling sick thinking of the cruel death that that lady had to face. Imagine the sickening agony that she had to go through - not only physically, but emotionally. She must've been scared to death as the ropes were tied around her, hearing the final words of the murderer, then the shutting of the car door, and finally the starting of the engine which marked the beginning of the worse yet to happen. What was racing through her mind in the very last moments of her life before she actually felt her skin being scraped off by the surface of the road? Yes, these murderers are getting really 'creative' in their way of finishing off their victims. If I were her, and knew there couldn't be any possible way of escaping my terrible fate, I'd pray for one thing, "Please let me be numb to the pain." I couldn't possibly be thinking of anything else because of the emotion rush that's flowing through me.

Sometimes when terrible things happen we tend to put the blame on God. "Where was He when we needed Him the most?" "Where was He when all of this happened?" Why did He allow this to happen?" All of that kind of thing. That's when the testing of faith comes in. Do we really understand God? Or do we think we do? Are we capable of accepting or understanding the unexplained reasons? Are we patient enough to go through the rough conditions of life? Are we tough enough to handle the bitter truth of an imperfect world? Wish I had a brighter tone to this.

I'm just a bit worn out at the brain. Blah. I need a break.

-Lorena-

5 Comments:

Blogger Lorena said...

Hmmm...I will only be asking that this thing would end fast because I wouldn't want to spend even 1 minute going all through that pain. It makes me really sad when I think about it and suddenly it makes me realize how lucky I am to be not in that situation. The world is very unpredictable and I guess this incident is just one out of the many that we do not know. Sometimes I wonder if these bad guy's 'creativeness'comes from those thriller or horror movies. Should they be ban now?

-Fiona-

2:15 PM  
Blogger Lorena said...

i want to read that article too? where is it?
pehtooh

2:27 PM  
Blogger Lorena said...

Good question. But come to think of it again, "Is it really the influence of these movies that cause these brutal acts of crime?" Evil minds bears in itself its own evil creativeness.

-Lorena-

2:29 PM  
Blogger Lorena said...

It's in Mrs. Ani's entry for today: "Shock vs Horror".

-Lorena-

2:30 PM  
Blogger Lorena said...

"Evil minds bears in itself its own evil creativeness"

Yes, Lorena, I think you are so right about it. It is scary and when I said in my post that it makes me ashamed, it not only does that, it also terrifies me to be aware of the fact that people, anybody, we have minds capable of the unthinkable.

Thanks so much for your post. It helped me reading over it. You ask wonderful questions beginning with
"Do we really understand God?"
"Are we capable of accepting or understanding the unexplained reasons?" That too is such a good question.

I tend to ask "why" a lot. Always afraid of missing out on some big understanding. But sometimes there's just no reason. There's just the way it is. And sometimes it is hard to accept that kind of answer. Maybe that's a weakness. Or maybe it's just something we need to learn over and over.

Thanks again for a really good post!
Ani

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home