Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Lotto!

Before I begin writing, I just wanna ask you guys that "do you like lotto or lottery?" and "what makes you think of the numbers for your lotto?"

Well, these kinds of questions are easy to answer, arn't they? You may say "uhh..just pick any number." or "just pick numbers you like". So, it's like the numbers for your lotto can come from many ways of thinking. But, for Thai people, especially, those who are lottery experts, the numbers can come from "dream", or "wierd things".! Umm...Now, let see how the dream becomes numbers. As far as I know, they interpret the numbers from what they have dreamed lastnight. For example, if they'd dreamed of a turtle, it can be 4 because turtle has four legs...or a monk, it can be 9..yeah..something like that....(my mom dreams a lot of these things.). For me, I can never interpret the dream into the numbers..haha..because I am not quite interested in it...

Now, have you ever seen the wierd things happen in Thailand such as 3 leg dog, banana tree that doesn't look like banana, 3 head turtle, or the body of an infant that doesn't putrefies, ect..?. Yes..when people see these kind of things, they thing it's amazing, and wierd. So, what they do is they will bring candle, joystick, or red piece of cloths praying and asking for the number and the luck! Umm..Oh! other thing is for example, for the wierd tree, they will pour out the powder to it and scratch until they see something or number.. Wo wo..I have tried once with my mom, but I didn't see any number (hopefully my mom did).

So, how do you like it? do you think it's fondness? I think it is the belief of people. They do what they like as far as they don't make trouble to other people.

Anyway, good news is the Lotto days in Thailand are the 1st and 16th of every month. Good luck and enjoy!

p.s. my mom just won the lottery last Saturday..

Surasak Srisuchan.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lorena said...

Thanks for sharing this, Surasak. I like to hear what different people believe and these I hadn't heard of before. The most fascinating to me is the stuff with animals in dreams. So how do they know what number goes for what animal? Is there some kind of list they have that shows what corresponds to what?

People believe the weirdest of things. Some people lately believe 9/11 was an inside job by the American government. Other people believe the Holocaust never happened. I'm all puzzled...

Ani

10:30 PM  
Blogger Lorena said...

Your mom is one lucky woman! Congrats!!

Talking about dreams, the CHinese people at my place also takes numbers from either dreams or when there is a bad car accident. THey would take the plat numbers for lottery and guess what, they win! Hahah...lucky for them. My aunt's mom bought a lottery ticket with a car plat number that had a bad accident and she actually won the ticket (I forgot how much though).

Another way of getting lucky numbers are by raring Arowana fish. Chinese people believe that when you rare one, there will be numbers that comes out on their body and they'll take it as their winning numbers. How true is it? I have no idea but some had won from it. Hehehe...

-FIona-

1:51 PM  
Blogger Lorena said...

It's all about getting all lucky sometimes which may really be a pure coincidence.

-Lorena-

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home