Saturday, October 14, 2006

Regina Spektor

Ok, I had to delete the embeded image/video because it was not showing and it was taking too long for the page to load. That's too bad. I also found out that the proxy server does not allow www.youtube.com URL to open so that's probably why you guys can't view the video.

I wanted to recommend this new singer to you, Regina Spektor. This was a great live video. I'm disappointed that it can't open here.

She's unlike anything I've ever listened to until now. Some people label her music as anti-folk. Whatever category, I think her lyrics, which she writes herself, are really strong, poetic, and imaginative, political too without being preachy, and honest, and the soundscapes, all her own too....well, you will have to listen to her. I'll just say that I can feel the music she plays, not only hear it. The best part is that she plays the piano. A lot of the songs are accompanied by it or the sound of a stick beating on a chair. Some of my favorite songs of hers are "Fidelity", "Field Below", "Baby Jesus", and "20 Years of Snow."

So check the young woman out whenever you get a chance. Do you have any suggestions of your own? Music, books, movies? What are you listening to, reading, watching lately? Sure you can talk about that here too. :)

ags

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home