The 'Roald Dahl' Family?!?!?!?
Well, that was what my friend called my family
I've never read any of Roald Dahl's work...
But here is how the label came to be...
My family used to rear Mill Worms, containers and containers of them, just go to the library, and go to the shelves, it covers one entire row of shelves, believe me.
Every evening the whole family will be sitting on stools, under the fluorescent light, with chopsticks and bear fingers, going through the different containers containing the different 'growing stages' of the worm.
I've never liked the idea of rearing worms, but the business was great! I would remember having to clean up the worms, picking up the dead ones, seperating the cacoons and sifting the eggs from the wheat 'breeding ground'. The process would take hours, and it always happened in the evening. Although i didn't quite enjoy rearing worms, i did enjoy sinking my hands into the container of worms, (the worms ain't slimy) and feel it going through my fingers and crawling onto my palm. It was so nice to feel them silking around. Just like holding silk! HAHAHAHAHA...
I'm writing this in a hurry because I'm supposed to be in class, thus this is subject to editing!
-Daron-
I've never read any of Roald Dahl's work...
But here is how the label came to be...
My family used to rear Mill Worms, containers and containers of them, just go to the library, and go to the shelves, it covers one entire row of shelves, believe me.
Every evening the whole family will be sitting on stools, under the fluorescent light, with chopsticks and bear fingers, going through the different containers containing the different 'growing stages' of the worm.
I've never liked the idea of rearing worms, but the business was great! I would remember having to clean up the worms, picking up the dead ones, seperating the cacoons and sifting the eggs from the wheat 'breeding ground'. The process would take hours, and it always happened in the evening. Although i didn't quite enjoy rearing worms, i did enjoy sinking my hands into the container of worms, (the worms ain't slimy) and feel it going through my fingers and crawling onto my palm. It was so nice to feel them silking around. Just like holding silk! HAHAHAHAHA...
I'm writing this in a hurry because I'm supposed to be in class, thus this is subject to editing!
-Daron-


2 Comments:
Really?!! You're not kidding! Wow, that is fascinating. What a friggin childhood! You have got to write more on this!
Ags
Yes, I remember the containers of worms! My uncle used to ask my dad to buy mill worms for his birds and I remember putting my hand into the plastic and just feel those worms "going through my fingers" (as daron puts it). It is a nice feeling, I would say. I don't know about the others though :D
Post a Comment
<< Home